Nancy Sayed M. El-Shimi
Address: 35 (A) Abu El Feda Str. – Zamalek, Cairo
A challenging career where my academic background of communication and analytical skills can be
utilized and further enhanced.
• The American University in Cairo
Bachelor of Business Administration, fall 2011
GPA: 3.4/4.0 Honors
• High School Diploma, Dar El Tarbiya American School, May 2007
Relevant course work
• Marketing Research
Created a marketing plan, SWOT analysis and an implementation plan for a new ghee product "Golden
Mix" entering the Egyptian market
• Consumer - Buyer Behavior
Studied consumer-buying behavior towards real-estate companies by focusing on segmentation of the
Egyptian market in all areas and constructed a perceptual map "Amer Group"
• International Marketing
Analyzed the South African market to position the local Moe-men's restaurant internationally
• Service Marketing
Compiled a report on the enhancement of the services provided in hotels "Fairmont Towers Cairo"
according to customer needs in collaboration with the hotel Marketing manager
• Marketing Strategy
Created two brands (four products each) on a simulation database system "MarketStrat" (Research &
Development, Production level and Pricing for each product each year)
Graduation Project (Total grade: A)
• Due to the prevalent problem of high-income people inability to cook between the ages of (18-45)
• Solving the problem was by:
- Inventing a unique cooking experience restaurant
- Analyzing the business strategy for this investment (operation plan, financial plan, market plan,
development plan, competitive analysis and the operation risks)
• Wadi Food Industries, Marketing Executive (Full Time Job) May 2012 – Till Now
- Marketing Department :
Local Market & Export Market:
• Assisting in the implementation of marketing programs through ATL/BTL activities
through the advertising agency.
• Managing the production of marketing materials for the local & export dep., including:
leaflets, posters, flyers, newsletters and manuals.
• Calculating Marketing Budget based on Actual & Forecasted (Local & Export) Sales and
developing marketing strategies & Mapic marketing calendar.
• Allocating and updating marketing (Local & Export) spending based on the Marketing
• Establishing a user friendly file hierarchy enabling Finance dep. to allocate each item
under Marketing expenses & or Sales expenses based on Key Accounts contracts.
• Monitoring competitor activity & conducting competitive analysis vs. Wadi Food product
categories through market visits & retail audit database software.
• Organizing & Monitoring an effective distribution of the marketing materials.
• Conducting market analysis for new projects (ex: new outlet store branch opening /
• Organizing and attending events and exhibitions.
(Food Gate 2012 / HACE 2012 / Design polis 2013 / Fish Aquarium Taste of Zamalek
2013 / Elvenue Food Festival 2013)
• Attending photo shoots for all products SKU label & images.
• Studying the market, planning & implementing marketing campaigns.
• Managing a user friendly application for Wadi Food product catalog and Outlets profile
on "Play Store Android Software Mobiles" through one of the biggest IT companies in
• Managing Social Media content plan.
• British Council (Part Time Job) April-May 2012
• KPMG Hazem Hassan ;Internal Auditor (Full Time Job) February -April 2012
- Risk Advisory & Consulting Department :
• Assisted in the preparation of the QPR file of a Multinational GSK pharmaceutical sector
which involves assessing whether quality services are provided to meet customer needs
• Assessing their internal audit charter to protect their financial and reputational assets, as
well as enhance their business value.
• Participated in KPMG Leadership Development Center (LDC) program as a
representative of KPMG Egypt.
• Coordinated the stream flow of the program and assisted Assessors in their decisions
about KPMG HH Managers engagement meetings.
• Oversees examination process and helped in managing the results of each participant and
managed the work of the role-players.
• Prepared an engagement letter for a brokerage company Beltone Brokerage co.,
• Participated in a conference meeting to address our Advisory Services.
• Prepared proposals to attach in the engagement letter requested.
• RITZ Middle East Ltd., Pumps Co., (Trainee) July-August 2010
- Marketing Department:
• Assisted in analyzing customer preferences concerning the proficiency, effectiveness and
usability of the proper water treatment stations & pumps.
- Sales Department:
• Monitored sales strategies of water pumps and the buying process via the company's
website to ensure profitability. Issuance letter of credit terms and payment conditions
(F.O.B, C & F and CIF).
• IN HOUSE Advertising Co, May-June 2010
- Marketing Department:
• Created the idea of introducing a ghee product to the Egyptian market, invented a
campaign, T.V ad and radio.
• BLOM Bank Egypt, Zamalek branch (Trainee) July-August 2009
- Customer Service Department:
• Handled banking transactions and monetary transfers (Swift).
- Credit Finance Department:
• Discussed banking terms and conditions with clients.
- Letter of Guarantees Department:
• Assisted in the issuance of letter of guarantees such as: provisional L/G, down payments
L/G and performance L/G.
• "Champion" in Wadi Food 5S system (June 2012 up till Now): Helping the organization to have a
basic fundamental & a systematic approach for productivity, quality and safety improvement.
• Designed Wadi food Export/Local Catalogue & Leaflet (Jan 2013).
• Designed KPMG HH Advisory Service Brochure (March 2012).
• Team Leader in -Accounting Link Club AUC (September 2011): Public Relation committee, prepared
for the execution of the conference.
• Member in UNAIDS Project Egypt (December 2010): Helped to spread the awareness regarding HIV-
Aids and its prevention program.
• Member in RITZ M.E. Co. junior team (July 2011): Designed the company’s brochure and logo.
• Member in Theatre Club AUC (May, April 2010): Logistics and Public relations committee member,
organized the execution of the opening ceremony.
• Member in Bye-Bye Old Campus AUC Event (September 2007): Internal public relations committee
member, getting catering sponsors and arranged visitors entrance in the ceremony.
Computer& Language Skills
• English: Fluent in both spoken and written.
• Arabic: Mother tongue & Fluent in written.
• Proficient user of MS office (Word, Excel, SQL, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook).
• Retail Audit Database Software & FMCG Pulse.
• Date of Birth: April 21, 1990.
• Nationality: Egyptian / Canadian.